The FilmGym invites you to its monthly screening series of international Short Films
@ Culturefix in the LES, Manhattan.
Different space, same event: Due to transition issues as the buidling of our old home is being sold, the new location for our screening event will be the swanky and artist-friendly Culturefix, located in the Lower East Side, Manhattan.
We apologize for the changed schedule and hope you peeps will bare with us as we’re going through this transition of finding a new home. We felt that Culturefix prvided the same great, intimate atmosphere with the bonus of being a more convenient loaction for all you Manhattanites! They serve food and drinks and if you come early, you can take advantage of their happy hour which ends at 7:30PM
As always, we’re proud to present an amazing line up of international award winning short films and…some extra screenings which will be a surprise.
culturefix | 9 Clinton Street | Lower East Side, Manhattan
Time: Thursday, August 18th | 8 PM
Admission: 10 USD
Please visit our facebook page to RSVP.
HAYERIDA “The Descent” (20MIN) - directed by Shai Miedzinski
A family is looking for a stone. A stone that is suitable to be used as a tombstone on their prodigal son’s grave. The search turns into a journey. The loss brings back that which was repressed.
Festivals the Film has played at:
- Berlinale (Berlin International Film Festival) – Silver Bear (jury award) – Short Films competition, Germany
- Timishort Film Festival – Best Debut Film and Best Short Film awards, Romania
- Chicago International Film Festival – Gold Plaque – Short Film Competition, USA
ON THE LINE (30MIN) - directed Reto Caffi
A department security guard spends his days observing others, including a young bookstore clerk with whom he is secretely in love. He watches her via the store’s video monitoring system and looks for ways to connect with her on the commuting line they share. Then one evening she appears on the train with another guy…
Festivals the film has played at:
- Student Academy Awards (AMPAS), Winner “honorary foreign film”
- “Grand prix” of the int’l jury Clermont-Ferrand Shortfilmfestival, France, 2008
- “Best European shortfilm “, Les lutins du court-métrage, France, 2008
- “Grand Prix”, Sapporo Shortsfest, Japan, 2008
- “Grand prix” (shortfilm section), Tofifest, Poland, 2008
- “Grand Prix” for best shortfilm at the Ourense Int’l Filmfestival, Spain, 2008
- “Grand Prix” at the Brno Sixteen Festival, Czech Republic, 2008
- “Grand Prix” best international shortfilm & audience Award, FIDEC, Belgium, 2008
- “Grand Prize”, Angelus student film festival, USA, 2008
- “Grand Prix“ and „audience award“ Belgrad Studentfilmfestival, Serbia, 2008
- Aspen Shortsfest, “best student film”, USA, 2008
- Brooklyn Int’l Shortfilmfestival “best narrative short”, USA, 2008
and many many more…
SLATE (14MIN) – directed by Carmen Vidal (Director and editor will be present for Q&A)
Working all night, a film editor finds himself mysteriously drawn to the raw footage he is cutting.
Festivals the film has played at:
- New Directors/New Films (New York, 2010),
- GIMLI Film Festival (Canada, 2010),
- Bahamas International film festival 2010,
- big apple film festival 2010,
- Byron Bay Film Festival 2011 (Australia).
Awards include: Stellar Award Best Fiction 30th Black Maria Film Festival, Special Jury Mention, Honolulu Film